Zer0 the Assassin is relatively straightforward class in Borderlands 2. He can be a tricky to manage at times, and he requires some degree of patience to use. Compared to Salvador the Gunzerker, Zer0 the Assassin uses nearly the opposite tactics. He’s not built to go outright on the offense like the Gunzerker. He’s more of a hit-and-run type of character.
With that being said, here are some tips from Fringe Fiction:
- However you wish to develop the Assassin as a sniper or melee expert, the shotgun, the more powerful and rapid-firing the better, will quite possibly be your weapon of choice to get Zer0 out of a tight situation, particularly when surrounded by suicide bandits, rabid skags, Badasses (as in more than one), etc. etc.
- I suggest to increase the ammo SOU for your snipers, shotguns, pistols and SMGs in that order — or close to it. It will give the Assassin some degree of flexibility in choosing the relics and mods early on.
- Zer0’s Hologram have many purposes. Like Axton the Commando and his turrets, Zer0 can use the Hologram to flank enemies. The Hologram can also use to gain separation between you and your enemies, whether to recover health, shields or distance for using your sniper rifles.
- Be aware that the cooldown time for Zer0’s Hologram is one of the shortest of all the classes — aside from Maya the Siren’s Phaselock. Take full advantage of that fact and use it when necessary as an offensive or defensive tool.
- Be aware that you can still take damage while cloaked. This is not Lilith’s Phasewalk from the original Borderlands.
- Concerning sniper rifles, focus on accuracy and critical hit damage for them, particularly since Zer0 can stack critical hit damage. Elemental snipers also help.
- The Strength relics are highly beneficial if you are focusing on the Bloodshed skill tree.
- When playing the game solo, the Bloodshed skill tree is one that you should concentrate on first. It allows health regeneration early on. However, when playing with others, I suggest combining either the Bloodshed/Sniping tree with the Cunning tree.
- Nova, Absorb and Spike shields all are beneficial to Zer0, depending on how you play him.
- Remember to be patient, know your battlefield and use cover frequently. Zer0 the Assassin is not designed to be as reckless as Salvador the Gunzerker or Axton the Commando. Although Zer0 may be the heir successor to Mordecai, his Holograms lack the coverage that Bloodwing has.
I hope this helps in your exploration of Pandora and the search for the Vaults. May you show them your skillz.
- Borderlands 2 Gunzerker Strategies (Fringe Edition) (fringefiction.net)
- Borderlands 2 Solo Arena Strategies (Fringe Edition) (fringefiction.net)
- Borderlands 2 (XBox 360) King-Mongus Video Game Review (fringefiction.net)
- Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty DLC Review (fringefiction.net)
- Level Cap Increase Coming To ‘Borderlands 2’ Soon (multiplayerblog.mtv.com)